We may know the month of April because of April Fool’s Day but did you know that we also celebrate National Literature Month during this time?
The National Commission for Culture and Arts (NCCA) celebrates the National Literature Month or Buwan ng Panitikan every April since the Proclamation no. 896 was signed way back in 2015.
Despite the ongoing pandemic, the NCCA continues to celebrate this event on different online platforms.
This year’s theme, “Muling Pagtuklas sa Karunungang Bayan”, aims to encourage and pique the interest of the new and older generation to study and rediscover the wonders of this form of writing.
That being said, here are some of the books you can read to partake in the celebration of National Literature’s Month.
Filipino Riddle Books
- Bugtong, Bugtong, Turan Mo Ang Karugtong! By Bb Lacsamana
- Mga Makaluma At Makabagong Bugtong by C. Torrenueva
Other Filipino Literary Works:
- Pasumbingay by Bathalad
- The future of Cebuano poetry lies with its poets. The imperative is for Cebuano poetry to make itself heard, first in the community that speaks the language and then the other communities into which it enters by force of reputation or virtue of translation.
2. Ang Ibong Mandaragit by Amado V. Hernandez
- Ang Mga Ibong Mandaragit ay umiinog sa buhay at pakikipagsapalaran ni Mando (na dating si Andoy) na dating tauhan ng pamilya Montero.
3. Ang Hudhud ni Rio Alma – Romulo P. Baquiran Jr.
- A collection of poems by National Artist for Literature, Virgilio S. Almario and criticisms by five known Filipino writers.
Here at BookSpine PH, we aim to help in the preservation of culture and give importance to the works of our fellow Filipinos.
You can discover more amazing reads at www.bookspine.ph.
By Ella Lorraine Regudo – BookSpine PH Intern